What is interlibrary loan?
- A service available to all Tiffin University students, staff and instructors in good library standing.
- A method of obtaining resources that are not immediately available through the library's collection.
- A nationwide network of libraries which share lending agreements for more difficult-to-locate materials
- It is not an alternative to purchasing a textbook.
When to use interlibrary loan?
Use interlibrary loan if you...
How long does interlibrary loan take to receive my items?
- Your librarian will usually process your request within 1 business day.
- The response time of your request will depend on the owning institution.
- This can take 3 days to 30 days for an item to arrive. Distance education borrowers can expect additional time for print materials to arrive.
How do I use interlibrary loan?
- Be sure that you cannot locate your material within the library's resources.
- Choose the material type you need below or use the request form in DragonQuest.
- Fill out & submit the corresponding form.
- Check your email often. We’ll send you instructions for obtaining your materials and/or shipping notifications. After 2 weeks of no response, your materials will be sent back or be unfulfilled.
- You will receive a confirmation message when the form is complete.
- The library will send you an email when your material is ready.
- Any questions can be forwarded to email@example.com or by calling 419-448-3435.
*Please note, any distance education persons wishing to borrow materials should review our policies carefully for more details prior to requesting.
For more information, view our policies.