Pfeiffer Library has implemented several protocols to keep everyone as safe as possible. One of the most noticeable changes is the signage throughout the library. These include:
1. Directional arrows on the floor to direct foot traffic
2. Social distancing signs on the floor and on library shelves (please limit to 1 person at a time per stack)
3. Mask notifications on doors
4. Entrance and exit signs
5. QR codes on offices/study rooms for contact tracing
6. Plexiglass shield dividers at the circulation desk
Hand sanitizer stations are placed throughout the library, particularly in high-traffic areas like desks, restrooms, and doors. Aside from hand sanitizer, we also encourage frequent hand washing. Restrooms are located on the lower level of the library, near the archives.
Student library workers are assigned to clean the library at regular intervals throughout the day. They are wiping down study tables, the circulation desk, and other frequently used items.
All library materials that are returned to the library are set aside to quarantine for 3 days before being processed and reshelved. This applies to materials that are processed through OhioLINK as well, so library requests may be delayed.
If you do not feel comfortable entering the library, we also offer virtual services that may assist you. These include:
1. Virtual Library Services - You can use the library chat box or schedule a research consultation with a librarian. There are also webinars offered throughout the semester on a variety of topics. They are recorded so you can view them at any time after the session. However, registration for webinars is required.
2. Email - Contact a member of the library staff directly, or send an email to the library inbox at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Call/Text a Librarian
You can visit the Get Help page to access all the services we offer!