Today begins our first week of classes for the Fall 2021 semester! As many of our students experienced moving in for the first time last weekend, it reminds us of Tiffin University's own "move-in" to its current location on Miami Street. When Tiffin University established itself as a separate entity from Heidelberg University in 1918, the campus was placed on South Washington Street. The campus remained there until 1957, when it moved to Miami Street. The new location provided more space for classrooms, dorms, and faculty offices. It also allowed for expansions for new programs and course offerings. The following materials (below) documented the new campus dedication service on March 30th, 1957. It is because of these events that made the campus what it is today. It has developed into a beautiful learning space since that time, and we hope it will continue to grow!
Open House Invitation: March 30th, 1957
Before the dedication ceremony, the campus held an open house for members of the community to tour the new facilities. It was a great way for the community to see the new campus and how it had changed.
Tiffin University Campus Dedication Program: March 30th, 1957
Following open house tours, the campus held a dedication service. This program highlights the events of the service as well as those who were involved in the moving process.
"Tiffin University Moves to New Home" (publication and date unknown)
Although the origin of this newspaper article is unknown, it is likely that it was published in a local Tiffin newspaper (possibly The Advertiser-Tribune). It highlighted how the campus moved locations during winter break and how classes planned to resume in the spring.